Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Flood info and updates

Hello there, patient readers and potential stumblers. I'm posting from the UK, but I notice that I've had a few hits for flood-related search terms so I thought I'd link to some useful and reliable sources of information for anyone who finds this blog because they're looking for flood news. I'll update this as and when I find more, and if you know of any please let me know in comments, or tweet @streetsofbkk.

Here's what I got so far:

Thai-language website with lots of info.

A publicly-editable google document collecting info and tips, in English.

All stories tagged 'flood' from the Bangkok Post can be found here. In English. Anyone got a good Thai-language equivalent?

A post about some free flood-related iPhone apps - post in English; apps in Thai.

On Twitter, use/search for the hashtags #ThaiFlood and #ThaiFloodEng


As far as I've been able to see on twitter, there's lots of good info out there, but as ever in times of uncertainty there's some misinformation flying about too. Check your sources and try not to spread unverified news.

To all in Thailand: hope you're safe and dry, good luck, and lots of love.

9 comments:

  1. Information for tourists http://frabkk.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/informationen-fur-auslandische-touristen-in-thailand/ (in German)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you were very concerned. Well, who wouldn’t? What happened in Thailand back then was a complete act of nature. No one can ever prevent that from happening. However, minor preventive actions like preparing for flood and future calamities are most helpful. Thanks for these sources, btw. These will all be useful, even in the future.
    Sharon Strock

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one !

    Regards
    Team Hotel Travelia
    Provides Best Hotel Rates
    www.hoteltravelia.com
    Email : contactus@hoteltravelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floods were indeed a bad time for all of us, luckily our hair salon in Bangkok is now back on its feet and tourists and Thais can enjoy some nice dry hair styles again!
    www.zenredsalonbangkok.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being new to the blogging world I feel like there is still so much to learn. Your tips helped to clarify a few things for me as well as giving..


    SEO Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumble upon on a daily basis. It will always be interesting to read articles from other authors and practice something from their websites...

    Digital marketing company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete