Sunday 20 June 2010

Weekly Photo: Treelift

This was taken on my road, a spot I pass on my way to the supermarket or coming home from work. A year and a bit ago it was some kind of nondescript building that I only noticed by its absence, after it had been knocked down. Then for a long time it was walled off from the street, and in the last few months it's been a building site. To my delight, when I walked by the other day, they were planting trees outside the new building (which looks to be some sort of showroom, perhaps, lots of glass). Now there are pretty green rows there, very pleasant to walk past.

Speaking of tree-planting, check out this blog: Plant a Tree - Bangkok. The author plants seedlings in likely-looking spots around the city and posts about the process and the progress of the little treelings. Anyone interested in tree-planting in their own area (and it looks pretty straightforward) can find advice or ask questions there, and it's a nice, calming read, too, with lots of pictures of greenery.

2 comments:

  1. Tree related article always sound nice to me, especially in a city where streets need trees so badly. I'm curious to see this 'garden' once completed.

    Thank you also for your kind wordson my project/blog ! If you wish to have a tree planted in your street or next to your place, you know where to find me. Better yet, let's plant it together ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's still a lot of sand about and it's not quite finished; I'll take another photo when it's all done.

    I'm lucky enough to live in a part of town with quite a few trees, but its great to see new ones being planted out in other areas. I'm leaving (temporarily) soon, though, and life's a bit hectic, not leaving me time to do any tree-planting of my own.

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete