Tuesday 13 July 2010

Hiatus

I've been remiss in not posting about this, mostly because it makes me sad to announce a hiatus. I'm heading back to the UK for an MA in Creative Writing, and so won't be able to walk around Bangkok and find things to write about any more. For a time! I'm not, emphatically not, closing this blog. I'll come back for holidays, and, of course, I'll wind up living in Bangkok again before long. It's not really somewhere I could leave for good.

If any readers are interested in guest-blogging on walking-related things during this time, or fancy doing a bar/restaurant/market/theatre/something review, let me know. I may post intermittently about interesting things going on that I hear about, and I've got a couple more posts to finish that I'll get up soon.

For now, check out some photos from Gavin Gough's upcoming 'Photographer's Guide to Bangkok': Bangkok Transport System (BTS). As he says, the BTS is "enormously photogenic". And doesn't that book sound exciting?!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck for your MA, and come back to us soon ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sad--I just recently found this and have enjoyed it so much. I'll keep walking in your absence but it just won't be the same without you.
    Janet Brown BKK stroller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so disappointed! Like Janet, I just found you. I want to read as much as I possibly can about Bangkok because my daughter just moved there to teach. My husband and I would love to be able to travel to Thailand for a visit next spring. Best of luck on continuing your education. Self improvement is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete